The California lawyer’s trusted source for fast, relevant, and practical legal guidance.
With CEB, you practice confidently, work efficiently, and get the best results for your clients. Our resources are renowned for their authoritative content. The expert guidance from CEB’s contributors— experienced California lawyers and judges—gives you a quick and dependable starting point for your legal research.
CEB is a self-supporting non-profit program of the University of California. Our job is to make your legal research as efficient and accurate as possible so you can spend your valuable time doing what you do best—serving your clients.
For more than 70 years CEB has given our customers:
• Reliable, authoritative information—over 140 practice guides, dozens of other resources
• Clear and thoughtful organization—background, guidance, vital steps clearly laid out
• Distinguished authors and speakers—featuring practicing attorneys and judges
• California-specific expertise—we focus on California law
• Affordability—more economical than our larger competitors
• Superior CLE—California’s original, and still best, CLE provider, with 1000+ hours of On Demand
• Public service—CEB is a nonprofit program of the University of California
Founded in 1947 to help WWII veterans returning home to resume the practice of law, CEB supports the University of California’s education and public service mission by providing California lawyers with high-quality, California-specific legal solutions.
CEB is the premier source of California legal research, guidance, and continuing education for all California lawyers, from solo attorneys and legal aid organizations to AmLAW 100 firms.
Resources & Practice Builders
Free CEB Resources
What does The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act mean for you and your clients?