Reprint and Reuse Permission Guidelines
- All requests for the reuse of CEB copyrighted material must be submitted in writing. Requests can be made via e-mail to email@example.com or by filling out the form on ceb.com.
All requests must include:
- The name and mailing address of the person requesting permission
- Name of the CEB publication or program
- Edition number, copyright or publication date of title or program
- The section or pages to be reproduced (For Reporters or the Practitioner, the name of the article)
- The intended number of copies to be reproduced and type of reproduction (e.g. hard copy, cd, USB drives, website posting, etc.)
- Statement of purpose of use including name and location of speaking events or website information
- All requests for reuse must be approved by CEB's Director of Product Development and/or Director of Programs
- Reuse permission is generally not granted for material until it has been published and available for sale for a minimum of 30 days.
- Generally, the following reuse requests are automatically approved:
- Requests by authors to use material they wrote as hand-outs for seminars or lectures.
- Reprints of Reporter or Practitioner articles by the author including website posting. (There is a charge of $50 if the contributor requests camera ready art.)
- Requests by professors to use parts of CEB publications as course material.
- Generally, a request for posting of material by an author on websites is limited to excerpted material unless it is an article written for a Reporter or Practitioner. Posting of CEB material on websites not associated with the author is generally not granted. Website permission is granted with the proviso that the poster place a link to ceb.com on their website.
- In some cases, a payment of a royalty fee will be required by CEB in exchange for granting reprint permission for the use of CEB's copyrighted material. The fee is generally $5-10 per copy of the material being reprinted. The fee is determined by CEB's Finance Department, or if related to a CLE Program, CEB's Director of Programs.
- Any time reuse of CEB material is requested by someone who will use the material as something that will be sold, a royalty fee is charged. This includes material that is sold but associated with a program where a contributor is speaking.
- In certain circumstances, exceptions to these guidelines may be granted. Such requests should be directed to CEB's Director of Product Development.
- Once reuse permission has been granted, a Reprint Permission Letter (see previous web page) will be generated and sent to the requester.