What is the Practice Skills | Estate Planning E-Learning Course?
Practice Skills | Estate Planning is a self-paced E-Learning course that provides you with the detailed guidance and instruction you need to begin practicing as an estate planner. Learn from California’s most trusted estate planning practice authority, wherever you want, via our online cloud based platform. Go step-by-step through a logical sequence of easy-to-manage modules with direct application to your new practice. The entire course takes 25 to 30 hours to complete.
CEB’s Practice Skills | Estate Planning course will prepare you to:
- Meet with clients
- Draft an estate plan
- Execute the plan
- Fund the trust
- Identify tax-related issues
What content is included in the Practice Skills | Estate Planning E-Learning Course?
CEB’s Practice Skills | Estate Planning course provides you with a variety of content, including:
- Lecture videos with speaker outlines by experienced California estate planning attorneys
- A course book of CEB’s award-winning content, tailored to the new estate plannner
- All the forms and documents you’ll need as you begin your new practice
- Full access to CEB’s renowned Estate Planning OnLAW Library for an entire year
- Support and answers via a peer listserv community moderated by a CEB attorney
- Original CEB educational content with practical real life examples including scenarios, simulations, and interactions to test your knowledge.
How long do I have access to my Practice Skills | Estate Planning E-Learning Course?
365 days from your date of enrollment.
You have access to all Practice Skills | Estate Planning course content for one year from your date of enrollment, including access to your Estate Planning OnLAW Library. Of course, you can download the course book as well as the forms and documents to keep for future reference.
Do I earn CLE credit for completing my Practice Skills | Estate Planning E-Learning Course?
Yes. You can earn up to 10.75 hours of participatory CLE credit by completing the entire Practice Skills | Estate Planning course.
As you complete each of the 5 modules in the course, you will earn participatory CLE credit as follows:
- Module 1: The Client Meeting - 2.25 hrs CLE
- Module 2: Trusts & Wills - 3 hrs CLE
- Module 3: Powers of Attorney - 1.75 hrs CLE
- Module 4: Execution and Funding - 1.25 hrs CLE
- Module 5: Advanced Tax Planning - 2.5 hrs CLE
Do you have a free trial?
How do I access the course?
Once you purchase the course, you will be given a special access code. Navigate to Practice Skills | Estate Planning from your favorite device and click Enroll.
That’s right, Practice Skills | Estate Planning is cloud based and accessible from your phone, tablet, or desktop (Mac or PC)!If you are returning to the course, simply Log in at Practice Skills | Estate Planning. You always have the option to resume where you left off in the course, retry a lesson, or navigate to a new lesson.
How do I purchase the course?
Are refunds given?
No refunds are given for the course. If you are unhappy with your purchase, please contact CEB Customer Service at 1-800-232-3444 or email PSEPhelp@ceb.ucla.edu.